Ford Injector upgrade for M30 engine.

We suspect some dirty / bad injectors as an issue for my M30 engine.

I have read about a Ford mustang injector "ugprade" that helps smooth out some idle issues.

I picked up a set for relatively low $'s -- they're marked FOTE-D5A on a guess that they're not that different from FOTE-D5B -- which is what everyone seems to use.

Before I go trash a day putting these in -- I was hoping someone might know the difference btewen the A &B's.

Thanks

-josh

Josh Assing

I wouldn't put anything relating top FoMoCo on my BMW. If the only gas available was Ford Gas I'd run my bimmers on good old water. They make the cheapest cr_p in the world.

Reply to
prc_rac

I wouldn't put anything relating top FoMoCo on my BMW. If the only gas available was Ford Gas I'd run my bimmers on good old water. They make the cheapest cr_p in the world.

Reply to
prc_rac

The Bosch F0TE-D5A, part # 0280150943, was used in the early '90's Ford Mustang 5.0, the Ranger, Explorer, Aerostar, etc. The B is a later model.

Will probably work OK, give the ECU 100 miles or so to adapt.

Reply to
Bob Kegel

Josh Assing

Thanks!

So the ECU is a learning ECU? Thanks.

Will try to get to it this weekend.

Cheers!

-josh

Josh Assing

I've been using the F4SE-A1B (Bosch 0280155700) injectors since 10 June 05 and have had increased mileage by a gallon or two, better throttle response and better starting. They are 204cc vice 185cc for original E6TE-A3B (Bosch

0280150203) and were pulled from a Crown Vic/Marquis 302.

Bill '86 535i, 5sp

Reply to
Bill

Not on an M30, it's not.

-- C.R. Krieger '88 535is

Reply to
E28 Guy©

Thanks -- it was "news to me" -- I couldn't find anything that supported that, tho.

-j

Josh Assing