Fuel return line

I posted here few times about the problems with my Pierburg 1B2 carburetor ('87 316).

I now have Weber 32 ADF that I am about to fit in the place of 1B2, and I noticed that Weber has fuel return connection. Pierburg does not have one.

Can I just block this connection, or do I have to make fuel return line all the way back to the fuel tank?

P.S. Crossposted to alt.autos.bmw and uk.rec.cars.misc

Reply to
me