For the copywrite thieves

There are a lot of Haynes manuals floating around on the torrent sites.

Reply to
Doki

Nedavno Doki napisa:

I need a manual for my Weber 32 ADF carburetor (I am replacing Pierburg

1B2 in my '87 E30 BMW 316). I searched for it all over the Internet with a little success. It seems that Haynes "Weber Carburettors" Service manual 1979 to 1991 covers it.

I have two Haynes and a Bentley manual, but for a year now, a credit card that I can get where I am is not accepted by Pay-Pal (so that I can buy manual at eBay).

I used my card directly at Haynes.co.uk but this manual is out of stock, and new one does not seem to cover ADF carburettor.

So can anyone can help me with a link where I can buy this manual on-line, directly with visa credit card (not Pay-Pal)? Amazon does not ship to where I am.

Reply to
Yvan

I have that manual, what do you need to know?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Nedavno Mrcheerful napisa:

The manual I have (that covers some Pierburg and Solex models) first list carb's specifications (dependent of the make and model it is used in), than some general description, than how to take it apart and back in one piece, and finally how to tune it up.

I do not need to know anything special, I just need this info as I am about to make adapter plates so that I can fit this 32 ADF into my BMW.

Can you perhaps scan pages for this carb and mail it to me? I can post or mail to you my e-mail address (the one in the headers in my posts is spam-trap).

Reply to
Yvan

I can do that, my reply address is valid.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Crikey. Weren't you on about doing that absolutely ages ago? I'd have given up by now ;).

Reply to
Doki

Nedavno Doki napisa:

Yes. I found two Solex PHH side-drafts, and two Delorto DHLA's. But my BMW is converted to LPG, and these side-drafts are not a good choice for LPG (as I learned the hard way :-)

So I found somewhere info that Weber 32 ADF can be used with a little modification. I found one cheap on eBay, and my friend currently in Germany bought it and it is here now.

I am about to fabricate bottom adapter plate, still not sure what to do with air box (I can not use the original one that sits on top of Pierburg 1B2). I also have to find a way to connect throttle cable to it.

And the biggest problem is vacuum for ignition advance. Weber ADF has a connection that is at below throttle plate, always at manifold vacuum, and my original Pierburg has an opening just above throttle plate idle position, so vacuum is ~0 at idle, and then rises as you pres the pedal. I have to solve this.

And I am not giving up on this car, it's 20 years old, but has less than 40000 miles on the clock (not to mention that I can not afford to buy new or good used one).

Reply to
Yvan

I'd be very tempted to get a carb with a throttle butterfly that works, bin the rest of it and drill a few bosses for injectors in the manifold. Spend a few quid on a megasquirt kit and you should be well away and most likely up on power and down on fuel consumption.

Reply to
Doki

Nedavno Mrcheerful napisa:

Thank you, I mailed you my email address.

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno Doki napisa:

I do not think that this is easy to do, not to mention the expense's (and, as you can read in my original post, I have problems wit purchasing Haynes manual).

I got Weber 32 ADF for ~15 GBP. My friend has machine shop, so fabricating adapter plates will not cost me a penny.

Apart from megasquirt kit, I'll have to fit new fuel pump as mine is mechanical, fuel pressure regulator, ,fuel injectors, TPS... And that means $$$. Not that it would not be interesting...

Reply to
Yvan

Indeed, sometimes it's less about the cost... more about the challenge of doing whatever it is you're doing :)

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

very true, my dad hand carved a hardwood carb adapter for a prewar Alfa 1750 so that he could get rid of the original thing and put on an SU. The adapter stayed on for several years till he got round to casting an aluminium one. He reckoned the response and economy were miles better. I wish he had kept the car, it would be worth about half a million now.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Was it you that posted about 1B3 carbs etc? If so you have my respect for determination. Please let us know how you get on in the end.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Nedavno Chris Bartram napisa:

Yes. Actually it's 1B2. More complicated than 1B3 :-)

Any ideas on how to solve problem with ignition advance port (see my earlier post)?

Reply to
Yvan