Help with rearview mirror problem! please!

hi,

I knocked the rearview mirror in my 1997 328 i (not very hard mind you), and it fell off. the tab is still attached to the windshield, and nothing looks broken, but i can?t get it back on! Should i just push harder? It looks like it should just kind of pop back on, but i don?t want to crack the windshield. The dealer is really far away, and i?d love to be able to fix this myself.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

laurenlee04

The tab and the mirror assembly should have a tongue and groove set-up of some sort so that the mirror slides down over the tab and then a set screw keeps it from sliding back off. At least that is how all the ones I've ever looked closely at were constructed.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound
[...detached mirror...]

My E38 mirror twisted on - push on rotated 90deg, twist to fix.

Alistair J Murray

Set the mirror in place with it turned about 1/3 (120°) out of the actual position, then turn it to align properly.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Jeff Strickland