How to choose the best balanced tire when selecting by red & yellow dots out of a large selection of tires?

Given that you can have manufacturers' red and yellow match mounting balancing dots can occur at any location on the tire sidewall, which, theoretically, is the "most balanced" tire (out of the box) when chosen out of a large selection of tires? a. When the red and yellow dots are at or near the same location b. When the red and yellow dots are about 180 degrees apart c. When the red and yellow dots are about 90 degrees apart

We all know that the yellow dot is usually the tire light spot (to be matched with the wheel heavy spot which is almost always the valve) and that the red spot is generally the tire out-of-round (aka radial runout & radial force variation) sidewall-thickness spot (which also is to be mounted at the tire valve in most cases).

While the red dot wins (if both dots exist) unless the wheel is so new that the match-mounting marks are still visible (and accurate), the question I ask has never been asked by anyone to my knowledge.

The reason this question has never been asked is probably because it's an engineering question, mostly theoretical, since you can mount the tire any way you want and still balance it just fine with the proper equipment.

So I ask the THEORETICAL question only to learn more about tires.

Given that you can have manufacturers' red and yellow match mounting balancing dots can be found at any location on the tire sidewall, which, theoretically, is the "most balanced" tire (out of the box) when chosen out of a large selection of tires? a. When the red and yellow dots are at or near the same location b. When the red and yellow dots are about 180 degrees apart c. When the red and yellow dots are about 90 degrees apart

Reply to
Tomos Davies