How to override Television block on TV navi

Television requires eyes. Radio requires ears.

Driving can be done without ears. Driving cannot be done without eyes.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody

You are quite right.

Reply to
Sam Smith

Well duh. I meant if you were a responsible driver and were just 'listening' to it and all you wanted to do was let the passenger watch.

Reply to
Sam Smith

Except that with the LCD screen right on the dash in front of your face, it would be far too tempting to "sneak a peak" when something intereting comes on.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

That's what rear-seat mounted systems allow you to do.

Having it play within the driver's field of view is a potentially hazardous distraction.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody

[Stupid top posting fixed]

This is NOT true. Radar and laser detectors are perfectly legal to sell, own and operate everywhere in the UK.

Reply to
Philip K

Don't be so snotty-nosed.

Devices based on position info (e.g. with GPS) are legal to use. I don't think that direct radar detectors are.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I suspect that you just don't think - full stop.

You knowledge of radar detection legislation in the UK is on the same level as your knowledge of Netiquette - you are abysmally ignorant in both areas.

The use of direct radar (and laser) detectors is perfectly legal in the UK, as is their sale and ownership. I don't know where you got the (mistaken) belief that they are not legal, but I suggest that you cease posting misinformation on Usenet; your time would be better spent educating yourself instead of spouting gibberish.

Then again, you do provide yet another example of why most knowledgeable Usenet users ignore anything said by top posters.

Reply to
Philip K

Clearly you haven't driven in Spain. They're right up there with Greece & Italy....

cds

Reply to
bd_juju

I accept I was wrong on the use of radar detectors in the UK (I never said anything about sale) and am happy to say so. I saw an article very recently that reported that the government's bill to ban their use was lost because of the dissolution of parliament.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Hmm, the guys here have not been very helpful have they now.

What you need is one of these

And they do work ;-)

But you need to patch a black box into the car electronics, and there is a special override set of keystrokes that you can use to hide the feature lol! You can download the manuals to check out whether or not you feel comfortable doing it.

Good luck, and be careful, and while you are at it, you can get a stereo input from your mp3 player.

Reply to
John Perry

I think yours is the troll - he asked a perfectly reasonable question to which there is an proper answer. |Why do you think the query was a troll?

Reply to
John Perry

Ummm.. let me see.

Because of the quality, volume and content of the responses?

Yours included? Do you see?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Yes I have I's, but do ewe?

My answer gave him a link to the product he was after.

Reply to
John Perry