M10 coolanf flow direction

Can anyone tell me which way does the coolant flow in M10 BMW engine? Here is the photos of all of the hoses:

I (think that I) know that it flows to the radiator trough the hose 8 and from the radiator trough the hose 9.

What I want to know is which way does it flow with thermostat closed. I need to know that because I am fitting LPG vaporizer that needs to be heated. I think that the best way is to use coolant from the engine to the inlet manifold before it goes to the cabin heater.

But should I cut hose 19 and connect vaporizer in series there, or at hose 15? Is coolant going out of the engine at divider (1), or at the pump (hose 13).

There are two more hoses:

One from the inlet manifold to the cabin heater, and one from the engine to the cabin heater. I guess that these is not hoses I should consider.

What I need is good good circulation, and as high temperature as fast as it can be.

Reply to
Yvan

The hottest water is coming out of both sides of the water pump (hoses 11 and 13). Probably the most convenient location would be from hose 17 which is the flow that is already being used to heat the intake manifold.

Reply to
Jack

Nedavno Jack napisa:

Hose 17 is for the cold start regulator on the carburetor (i believe it is called wax-stat). Other end of that hose is connected to the intake manifold (not shown on this diagram).

For intake manifold heating are hoses 15 and 19. Also hose from the cabin heater is connected to the intake manifold (hose 1 at the second link in my previous post).

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno Yvan napisa:

I must have missed this from my E30 Bentley manual.

Coolant flows out from the hose 19 and into hose 15 here:

and from hose 1 here:

into inlet manifold, and again into hose 15 on the first link.

Reply to
Yvan