M3 wheels 18X9 et26mm on a 95 325i ?

Has anybody done this on the rear and does it fit without touching the fender even with passengers? I'm getting the whole M3 staggered wheel set on-line and is a little worried.

Thanks

Reply to
bimbim

I put a set of M3 rims on my car and they fit fine, but the M3 donor did not have staggered sizes. I'm running 225/45x17s on a '94 E36. I could easily fit a 235/40x17 if I wanted. The major difference in what I am doing and what you plan is that all of my tires and wheels are the same size. The donor was a '95 M3.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks for reply. The full specs of the package is :

Front Tires: Dunlop SP9090 Size 225/40/18. Rear Tires: Continental Sport Contact Size 225/45/18. Front Rims Size: 18 x 8 (Offset 47mm) Rear Rims Size 18 x 9 (Offset 26mm)

I imagine yours is 8 width? or 7.5?

Reply to
bimbim

That's a good question, I don't know the answer for certain, but I seem to recall them to be 17x8s. The 225 part is where you are going to have the most trouble, and this is what I'm using so you should be okay. The rear offset is another potential problem area, and I simply do not know if this will be problematic for you. My gut instinct is that it will pose problems, but I fear the trouble is on the shock side of the tires, not the fender side.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

They sound like E46 M3 rims but with smaller tyres. Usually the rears would stick out too far on an E36 but with the nominal 30mm narrower tyres it might work. 225s can look a bit narrow on 8" wide rims so I'm not sure what they'll be like on 9" wide ones.

Reply to
adder1969