Manual Trasmission - 1990 BMW 325 is (E30)

I was driving.

All of a sudden, as I remember, my engine starts "freewheeling" - meaning there is no resistance - and my engine is running at a very high speed "redlining"

I stopped the car, and started it again, in nuetral as I remember, and the car is redlining. I am at home now, and the car is 10 miles away, so I can't just run out and make observations. But one thing is for sure - I start her up - and the car redlines

Any ideas??????

I at least want an idea of what could be wrong before I tow it to a mechanic.

Thanks in advance.

- Ben

Reply to
Ben Martin