Need good input on tires

E28 Guy© said in rec.autos.driving:

Well, I was really asking a general question and not necessarily to you specifically. However, I don't think I knew what kind of car you drove (or I just never paid attention).

Sure. And, if worse comes to worst, you could always go by the nym of "Motorhead Lawyer." :)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Three times?

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

No, just once. I have no idea what happened the other two times, but the kids have a strong resemblance to the mailman.

Reply to
Fred W

But you don't know me or my wife so either I'm lying (no) or you're just guessing.

But to answer you observations she is sweet, kind, and very pretty and above all a really NICE person.

She works at a local school and often comes home telling me some of the older boys ask her out - she must be that nice for 18 year olds to ask my wife out!!!!!

Reply to
Oscar

Yes, and she's a c*ck-hungry cum-guzzler as well. Isn't that what you said, twice now? Where's the misunderstanding?

I'd be careful letting her out on her own if I were you.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Fred, unlike many of the bozos on this and similar groups, you have 24K sense of humor. My hats off to you and the marvelous woman you wed.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

"Tom K." wrote

Agreed. I had CSC2 on my A4 and I thought they were very nice, very well balanced. Not top of the line performance, but close. Bridgestone S03 was a tiny bit better in the dry and wet, but S03 was also hard as a rock. If you drive on roads that are less than perfect, stay away from S03. CSC2 is way more comfy and quiet, while giving up very little in the performance department. Definitely a good wet weather performer. I am hoping to get the CSC3 for my e39 when the current crappy Dunlops (SP Maxx) wear out.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I think the ones I had on my GTI were "Touring Contact" and they blew dead goats. I honestly think that General tires would have been an improvement. I can't believe that those things were legal, they were that dangerous.

nate

Reply to
N8N

yeah, she's one lucky biotch, eh? ;-)

Reply to
Fred W

Luckier than Oscar's "wife," that's for sure...

Reply to
Dean Dark

AMEN! OBTW, today's the 38th anniversary. Got it right the first time.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

The regular ContiSport Contacts are OK in the rain and I would not hesitate to buy them again were the price right.

The Michelin PS that came as OEM on my 330i PP are slightly better both wet and dry. But both are good-to-great dry road tires IMO.

My new PS2s seem to stick as well or better than the PS's did dry. They are supposed to be better in the wet. We'll see. However, they provide far more steering feedback than the PS's (good!) and tramline less (also good but less important to me).

JRE

Reply to
JRE

Cool. Glad to hear you found a satisfactory product.

I forgot to mention that I have Yoko AVS ES100s on the Porsche and are happy with them (except in the snow, when I have to switch to winter tires,) but I guess it's a little late now...

nate

Reply to
N8N