I am trying to start freshly swapped motor in E36.
The motor is M43 with its Motronic 1.7 ECU.
Righ now it doesn't start.
1. Fule pump OK, 50Psi fule pressure when starting or cranking.
2. Air flow sensor (vane) has right voltages, produces variable voltage
on the input pin depending on position of vane.
3. Crank sensor swapped, scope shows a train of puleses with one longer
pulse, I assume per ful rotation.
4. swapped cam sensor, correct resistance. I think I can see one pulse
per crank revolution, is it correct?
5. Spark is OK.
6. engine coolant sensors (2) correct resistance, produce apparently
correct voltage on the right pin.
If I squirt some quick start into manifold , the motor starts for few
seconds, this apparently proves that ignition electrics are OK.
I do not know how to check injectors.
After cranking for 1-2 min, spart plugs show no sign of any fuel.
I have correct voltage on each injector.
When trying to crank, I do not belive I have any injector pulse, scope
Now the engine does not have Auto transmission module connected yet.
Also the pin going to immobilizer is not connected (I have no
immobilizer on this car.
Bentley manual suggest cold start condition problem.
I have no second ECU to try.
I have digital meter, electronic osciloscope, and fule pressure test
kit. No scan tool, I have one coming (Peake reserch one).
Any suggestions on next step?
I have removed old M40 engine and replaced with M43 (completed with
wiring harness, and its own ECU.
I was assured that the motor and ECU were fine by the workshop I got it
from, after replacing most sensors, I am not sure of condition of ECU.