MK4 DBW throttle body - which wire does what?

Has anyone done any tests on the DBW throttle body to find out what each of the 6 wires do and how they do it (voltage signals)?

Thanks, Rey

Reply to
Rey

NO, but what's your problem? So what year of golf/jetta you own? I dislike owners referring to their cars as MK4 which means very little to me... so what's wrong with just stating what year and model car you drive?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Sorry. I thought MK4 + DBW would cover any DBW throttle bodies found on all MK4's that have DBW throttle bodies.

Specific vehicle = 2002 Jetta 2.0L (not 2002.5)

Rey

Reply to
Rey

If I state a 2002 jetta 2.0L and someone has done testing, but on a 2003 GTI 1.8T, there's a chance they may not reply b/c it doesn't match. I was trying to be as general as possible.

Rey

Reply to
Rey

In that situation, your best bet to get the most responses possible, would be to say:

"I have a 2002 jetta 2.0L that has DBW throttle body, anyone else with a same gen 2.0L that has DBW know this info?"

Reply to
Biz

Although all 2001 & up 2.0 have DBW there is some difference in checking the system out. Basically I do a ohm check of the wiring from the ECU to the throttle housing. If ok then a voltage check is done to see if the throttle housing is getting the correct voltage to operate. Another check is doing a pin check of the throttle housing for correct resistance. I can tell you there are very few failures of the system and it's even designed with a backup redundant system so if 1/2 dies you will never know it. They are labeled as "bank 1" & "bank 2" of the system. Is that what you wanted to know? and... what's your issue?

Reply to
Woodchuck