question about changing auto-transmission fluid in 1990 525i

The auto-trans feels like it's slipping gears so I have heard that likely means low fluid or fuild change.

I have the Bentley's manual and it calls for "removing the ATF oil sump bolts", but the picture looks like the engine oil pan.

1--Do I only take the ATF oil sump off?

2--Are there any gaskets or filter I need to replace (purchase beforehand)?

Thanks.

Reply to
NotGiven

Do you have the 12 or 24 valve car? On the 12 valve you want to drop the tranny oil pan and replace the filter screen.

Reply to
John Burns

If it is slipping it's a bit too late for new fluid - one or more clutch is toast.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

change only what comes out with the filter change, DO NOT flush or it will scrap your tranny. The change could improve your issues... go here for your details...

SharkmanBMW