Re: BMW Air Conditioning

Nobody wants your shit here. Please stop posting your crap on the > newsgroups.

Jeff you sound like the image of the BMW driver that gives us ALL a bad name, calm down and be nice!

Reply to
Tommy

Commerical posts are not appreciated here. This moron has posted the same thing several times, and in several newsgroups. He has been asked -- nicely -- repeatedly to stop posting.

You will seldom find a person more willing and able to assist others than I am, so I am not the snob you make me out to be.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff, I am just giving some information about air conditioners, if you don't like it, ok. But that doesn't make me a moron, and you are only person that is complaining.

Reply to
airconditi

If somebody asks, what do I do to fix my AC?, feel free to answer in a manner that helps us all. That sort of response is needed badly, and your expertise would be appreciated.

But, your post is a solicitation to visit your site. That makes it commercial.

Sorry to be harsh ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No he's not. I just saw no need to add to his succinct and appropriate reply. And, while it may not make you a moron, it does make you a spammer. So lay off. If you want to be useful, *read* the newsgroup and post *relevant replies* instead of simply trolling for suckers. It might surprise you to learn that there are some well- respected business operators who actively participate in Usenet. Daniel Stern for one. But he has never done a blanket solicitation for business as you did. He earned the business he has gotten by being very good at what he does and by listening to us here.

As for Tommy, he's apparently new here. I've been around this bunch since about 1994 and the odds are my 'snotty' BMW has been around longer than either of you has been driving. So, like Jeff, I can be a little 'territorial'.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

Jeff - I think you are being a bit too eager here - Ok take the piss out of me as you like but I believe this guy is posting a link to some web pages that give info on problems and how to fix. I didn't see any advertising to sell anything. Then again he may be an agent for Scooby-Doo Air Con gas but the info is still Ok.

And I save you the trouble of posting a reply

Who need your opinion tosser!

Reply to
Oscar

Jeffy - The more you spout your spite, anger and venom the more you proove my point - and a top poster! (top poster is not a compliment)

I think I saw you this morning heading North on the A24, some poor sod taking too long to cross the road, the green light flashing for him. the amber light flashing for the old style BMW 5series - what does matey do - toot his horn, open the window and shout at the poor old bloke (must have been 80 at least) and then speed away at high revs (in a 40 limit)

Yes, I'm sure he was old and limping just to annoy Jeff :-(

Reply to
Tommy

I'd suggest you check all the other newsgroups round the world you've spammed for complaints too...

Anyway it's a shit site. It doesn't answer any of the questions I have or provide any new information.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd suggest you take a better look at the lights sequence on this sort of crossing...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What are you talking about?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You Jeff.

Over here in the UK we have traffic light controlled pedestrian crossings called "pelican crossings" traffic stops when the pedestrian presses a button and the lights turn red hopefully stopping the traffic. Lights facing the pedestrians turn green in the image of a man thus indicating it should be Ok to cross the road and a fixed pitch beeper indicate the same for a blind person. After a short time the green man begins to flash and the beeper that is fixed in pitch and frequency begins to increase in frequency indicating that the traffic light will soon turn Green again so if you are considering crossing the road - don't. the traffic light Amber here in the UK means "get ready to do something" so if stopped get ready to go - if moving get ready to STOP.

Not that we are so callous to our old folk as to run them over if they are still on the crossing but the joke is - I think - that you would be so impatient that it is possible that you would show your annoyance by shouting at an old man crossing the road and then show off by screeching away like a top fuel dragster to the annoyance of all and sundry as you appear to be doing here recently.

Having a bad week or two are we? I feel like that sometimes and I think we all do.

As a sig line I see here sometimes says.

"Engage brain before opening mouth" (engage gear before moving off in driver ed language)

Have I got this right folks?

Reply to
Oscar

My week is fine, but thanks for caring.

I don't know how anybody can make the leap from telling a spammer to piss off and go away to getting annoyed that somebody -- weak and infirm by the description given -- that takes a while to cross the street.

So, the to the OP, piss off and go away. To the rest of you, I'm fine, thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Lest I forget, Tommy is new here so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That's so gracious of you, your holiness.

Reply to
Dean Dark

actually I had 2 (neither a beemer) and decided I wanted an auto 2 litre saloon and a soft top

Reply to
Tommy