Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE. I desperately would like to disable the annoying beep when your seatbelt is not buckled.

The solution? Buckle your seatbelt.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
replying to ---MIKE---, NoMore42 wrote:

This isn't always a thing of the seatbelt. The car will beep annoyingly for other reasons: Turning on,not having the seatbelt and when you shut it off.
When you shut down the vehicle it will beep without stopping sometimes until you remove the key (which is stupid) whoever thought of this ' safety measure' should've at least used a less annoying beep.
replying to ---MIKE---, Kal wrote: My seatbelt, my car, my life, fuck yoy
"Kal" wrote in message
replying to ---MIKE---, Kal wrote: My seatbelt, my car, my life, fuck yoy

You may only need a seat belt once ... but which once.
Three 20 something students in Texas in one car accident, no seat belts. One dead two in critical/serious condition.
replying to ---MIKE---, Stephen Sullivan wrote: Wow, thanks Mike, I hadn't thought of that. Oh no, I just tried it and it doesn't stop the reversing beep. I'll keep using the seatbelt though, thanks.

Why are you so desperate to disable the seat belt warning tone?
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:12:06 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

THis isn't so easy any more, Mike.
On the newer Toyotas, some genius had the great idea of using 'relay integration.' The door buzzer, seatbelt buzzer, warning lights and a lot of critical functions that used to be separate items are now all 'integrated' into this handy little module.
Problem is, if a function you WANT to have craps out, instead of a $35 relay or similarly priced part, you now have to pay about $225 to replace the damn thing!

--
If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Here is your solution to the annoying seatbelt alarm (works on all Toyotas, I used it on my 2005 Corolla and yes, I always use my seatbelt):
(1)    Turn the Car "ON," but do not start the engine (leave your foot off the brake, don't fasten seatbelt). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds. (2)    Make sure your seat belt is not fastened. (3)    Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (leave your foot off the break, don't fasten seat belt). As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count. (4)    Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt. As soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on." At that time, take your finger off the trip reset knob and it should cycle to "b-off." If it doesn't, just press the knob again until "b-off" appears. Once "b-off" appears, turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt. Now, when you start your car, you should hear the "normal" seatbelt beeping, then when you go over 10 mph, if your seatbelt is not fastened, it won't beep 54 times... the seatbelt signal will just continue to flash... but no more annoying beep!!
replying to Erica_0381, Leo wrote: This did not work on my 2012 corolla. Tried several times.
replying to Ray O, Stephen Sullivan wrote: I often put groceries on the passenger seat and it's often heavy enough to trigger the seat belt alarm. In there unfortunate event of an accident, milk, butter and bread might die!!!!
On 11/27/2016 06:18 AM, Stephen Sullivan wrote:

Wouldn't it just be simpler to leave the seatbelt connected unless a passenger wants to actually use it?
--
Cheers, Bev
"I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork. It's useless to
On 2016-12-05 8:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

OR, to put them on the floor in front, in back, or in the trunk.
Is Ray O back - missed him?
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 14:18:01 +0000, Stephen Sullivan

replying to Ray O, Timmay wrote: I deliver pizzas and the weight on the passenger seat sets the chime off. For whatever reason, just answer the man's question. I know it has something to do with holding the odometer button down for 15 seconds or something, but I just want to know the answer.
On 2016-12-16 6:18 AM, Timmay wrote:

1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. ... 2. Press the small knob on the instrument cluster to cycle between the trip odometer and the odometer reading. ... 3. Turn the ignition back to the "On" position and hold the small knob for 10 to 15 seconds. ... 4. Release the trip odometer knob to finish.
replying to Sharx35, Timmay wrote: I googled the answer too. Problem is it tells me to turn the key to "on" twice and isn't too clear on timing and overlapping of all the steps. That's why I am on this message board. Poor Google instructions. I need to turn off the chime for the passenger or even both because I driver things that set it off by weight. 2005 Toyota Corolla. Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep...quite simple...buckle it
--

-Gord.