Re: e30 325I

how do you removed the top speed governor on a bmw 325is if there si any? thank in advance.

Reply to
bmwdominican

Psycho

Don't think there is one. There might be a rev limiter though, if there is you'll need a new chip.

Reply to
John Burns

It's in the firmware. You would need to re-chip the ECU

Reply to
Fred W

Just for grins, does anybody know what it's set at? Also, a rev limiter is a different animal from a top speed governor.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

If I recall correctly, the rev limiter will kick in a few hundred RPMs over the redline on the tach. The top speed governor limits the car to roughly 150 MPH. But of these limits are modified on most aftermarket chips...

Rev limit on my son's 87 325is comes up quick when I'm burning through

1st gear... Damn gear is mighty short....
Reply to
Psycho

I do not know what those limits are, but they are seperate and distinct. One limit for redline and one for max speed.

Reply to
Fred W

Fred W haute in die Tasten:

My '92 BMW 325iA Convertible German Spec. car definitely does not have any sort of speed limiter. Accordng to the speedometer reading, it reaches 212 kph on a straight road, which is approximately 202 kph in reality. When going slightly downhill, I have reached more than

220 kph. If the 212 kph would have been limited by a limiter, the car would not have gone faster downhill, I suppose.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper