Re: Late model Z-3

>> I was looking at a Miata and liked it a lot except for one thing: >> I would have to cut 4 inches of my right leg to get it between >> the steering wheel and the transmission tunnel! >> >> So I am thinking I should consider a Z-3 Roadster. Any >> opinions here pro or con? One thing that bothered me >> a little is that the BMW dealer seems to have a VERY large >> inventory of used Z cars. Is it because Columbus is getting >> a real winter for the first time in 25 years? >> Thank you. > > I can relate to the Miata space issues. As I once futilely tried to > drive one, but simply could not detach my knees from the steering wheel. > However, there are now a lot of options to choose from in this space, so > you > can definitely find something that meets your likes, needs and wants. > I personally drive an Audi TT 3.2 (6 cyl., DSG tranny). And I > absolutely > love it. While not quite as athletic as, say, a Boxter, I prefer its > combination of comfort and fun to those of most competitors for the > purpose > of everyday driving. And, most notably, it has all-wheel drive, which > essentially makes it a 4-season "summer car" for those of us who live > outside of the sunbelt. (Minnesota in my case) > > Rob > 2005 Audi TT 3.2 DSG >

I'm envious. The Audi TT has always been on my short list of sweet cars to own. I looked at 'em last summer; but the cheapest used one I found was $8000 more than I paid for my 2000 Z3 roadster! Those Audis really hold their value. I'd love to have a grey one with the baseball-stitched leather seats.

Rocketman