Rear vibe noise at 2000 RPM - 1st & 2nd accellerating

Hello All - Hopefully someone may have an idea on this, it has me stumped!

I have a 1999 323i which has a quiet (but getting louder) vibration noise coming from the right rear when the tach passes 2000 in 1st and

2nd. It only does this in gear. I only notice it when the passenger windows are down, it's that quiet.

The sound is like someone running a stick over a washboard, like in a hillbilly band.

Any ideas?

Reply to
I Ride Roads

Driveline imbalance?