Recycle Brake Rotors?

I discovered that I can not accumulate enough material to make it worth my while to recycle. I dropped the rotors in my recycle bin long ago, the people at the dump can either send them on or bury them. Either way, they have been gone for a long time.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Silverton accepts all kind of metals at the transfer station. Put it to the side with the rest of the big scrap, they load it into a container, and then they truck it down to New Mexico somewhere. They may just dump it in the landfill when it gets there, but we don't know that. Gives the tree huggers a good feeling.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I just stack them in the garage. Every so often one of my friends wants a new boat anchor. They also find a home in the garage for weighing down plastic tarp.

Reply to
DougW

I am saving my Jeep rotors. I have an idea for a floor lamp base.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Heh. you could weld in hollow bar into the lug holes then use them to hold individual lights. Backwoods candelabra.

Or build a very heavy wind chime.

Reply to
DougW

sure. I'll send 'em 1st class.

When the post man doesn't ring, that will be my package.

Reply to
Fred W

Then you may use your broken axles for their posts. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III