Service Interval on 2001 330D

Hi;

I'm new to BMW's and this group, so apologies if this is a daft question.

I bought my 2001 330D with 45,000 miles approx. The service book is stamped up with the last service at 37,000, the intervals between services previously seem to be around 13,000 miles. Going by this I would expect the next service to be an inspection II at

50,000 miles give or take. However the computer on the car said 13,000 miles until the next service when I bought it, and it says oil, not inspection. I'm now on 47,000 miles and the computer says 11,000 miles so it's not counting down extra quickly to "catch up" I asked the dealer a couple of times and they say just trust the computer. But I'm not sure this is correct, this would make the next service at 59,000 miles approx, which is an interval of 22,000 miles. This seems far too long.

My thoughts are it has either had an inspection II and the book not stamped or the computer is faulty or been reset? What do you guys think? Has anyone else made a 22,000 service interval?

Thanks

Keith.

Reply to
Billy Wizz

They probably forgot to fill details in the book. Service history is held on computer and available to all service dealers and, since you are worried, you should ask them to check the computer record so you can be sure what is going on.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Reply to