1995 325is E36

When it was really cold out a few months ago I tried to roll the window down. It was frozen shut and the motor in the door ripped the moving arm from the track attached to the window. So I took apart the door and reconnected the motorized arm to the track (presumably saving myself $200). But the connection didn't stay. After about 2 weeks of using the window the motorized arm and the sliding track it attaches to came apart again. I am assuming the came apart because I couldn't get the cotter pin in to hold it all together.

So I have 2 questions.

  1. How do I disconnect the speaker wire from the speaker? It seems like its a simple snap-in but I can not figure it out for the life of me.

  1. How do I get that damn little cotter pin in position to hold the motorized arm attached to the sliding track?

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
madloof72

I just went through the same thing on my 92 325i. The speaker wire does just unplug, but there is usualy some sort of lever or snap on the plug to give it a positive lock. You must press or pry what ever is locking it on in order to release it. The clip (cotterpin) on the slide for the window regulator should be installed on the plastic slider before you try to press the ball into the socket. Then you just snap the ball in. It requires a farely large amount of force to snap it into position and will first click once (easily) then needs to go a little more (harder) for a second click. It is also possible (likely) that the old plastic sider is worn or cracked and lets it pop out (was on mine). The replacements are not very expencive, only a few dollars.

Reply to
Todd Zuercher