Strange Clutch Master Cylinder - 1987 E28 520i RH drive

I have to change my Clutch MC, and according to both Haynes and my local part provider, the one that is in the car is all wrong. It has a 2 hole mounting flange set at right angles to the axis of the cylinder and bolts to the face of the bulkhead. Whereas Haynes indicates that it should have a flange face parallel to the axis of the cylinder and bolt to a plate next to the clutch pedal. Did they change the design in the last year of E28?? What is going on?

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

More likely Haynes is wrong. Check in the ETK for the part on your car.

Unfortunately the online version does not go back to E28s...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Thanks, but it seems that Haynes is right on this occasion. Or at least it is the same as the BMW dealer's information. Very puzzling. Steve

Reply to
Steve W