Trunk liner replacement after E30 rear shock R&R

I pulled away the carpet-ish trunk liner with reckless abandon in order to get to the upper rear shock mounts. Now I have to get the stuff back in place. The back vertical edge sits behind the rear seat backer, which is attached by a nickel-sized black plastic "rivet". How do I detach that thing so I can get the trunk liner behind it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Reply to
tbrown

I think they are supposed to be unscrewed like a regular screw.

Reply to
BBO