Weird Wiper Behavior: Won't turn off but intermittent works

Hi all,

I am new to group, but not to BMW's. I have a '98 528i 127k, a 94 325is

180k, and 72 R60/5 42k. The problem I'm having is with my e39 528. Last week my wife took the car and had it washed/cleaned. When she returned she indicated that she could not turn off the wipers. Since the intermittent speeds function properly, I assume the switch/control mechanism in the steering wheel is ok. Ok so then I thought about the relays. However, the st(d)ealer has to order the relays and their is a no return policy on electronic equipment, so before I move to that stage do any of y'all have a feeling as to the cause of my woes?

tia, Nik

Reply to
Nik

When my 635 did that it was the control relay. I'm surprised to hear of it failing on such a young car as yours.

Reply to
John Burns