saab '97 900SE alarm won't turn off

OK- I've googled the old messages but don't seem to find an answer to fit my problem. My '97 Saab 900Se'a alarm won't turn off. I have tried both key fobs and put new batteries in one to no effect.

It did it the first time 3 weeks ago. I was out and the key fob would not turn off the alarm. I had to get a tow home. I disconnected the battery for a couple days, when I rehooked the battery the alarm went off but the key fobs both worked and I reset it.

The next person to drive the car was my wife. She parked it and set the alarm. Same problem, neither key fob will work. I disconnected the battey for a week, but this time when I rehook the battery the alarm goes off and it still will not turn off with either key fob.

Now my wife (who is in Florida for a couple months) totaled my Dodge Durango. I need to drive the Saab to her and fly home, but I can't get the darn alarm off.

What I want to do is make the alarm inoperable. I need to get the alarm reset at the least so I can get it to a dealer. Any suggestions (other than trading in the wife?).

Reply to
David C. Yale

Tigger123

On my '97 that shuts up the horn, but the ignition is disabled. Car will crank, but not start.

Actually, it fixed itself. All of the sudden both key fobs worked. I got the alarm shut off and took the keys off the fobs and put them both away. My 900SE will not have an alarm until further notice.

Reply to
David C. Yale

But you forgot to mention where it will be parked! ;-)

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W