Jeep - Hazards won't turn off

This is all third-hand info, per a poor-connection pbone call from my brother, whose daughter had a minor front bumper accident:

Vehilcle is a 2016 Jeep Compass.

Apparently, following the accident, she turned the hazards on and got out. Since then, they have not been able to get the hazards to turn off. The hazard switch does not feel broken. The car starts and runs, and other features (headlights, ???) work. The Check Engine light (and any other dash warning lights) are not on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply to
gbeccles

I'd disconnect the hazard switch before doing anything else and see if it cuts off. If so, replace the switch. It may be failed without feeling broken.

Hazard lights on some newer cars do go through the signal control computer, but on some others hazards are independent of the rest of the system. If the Jeep is the latter, all kinds of things can go wrong.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey