Wheelsize for 325ci (E46)

What would be the best wheel size for a 325ci(E46)?

The standard size is 205/55/16 but one of the options is 225/45/17. Is there any great difference to be expected in the handling or in the comfort?

I recently test drove a 320ci with sport-suspension and 225/45/17 front 245/40/17 back. This combination was much too hard for long distance driving although it went well round corners.

Stuart

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Reply to
stuart

I'm using 225/45x17s on all four corners and this seems to be working out well for me. They replace the 225/55x15s that came stock on my car -- I have the 325i, E36.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Haven't you answered your own question? Jim

Reply to
Jim

In addition to wheel size, tire type is an important consideration. The "all seasons" which probably came standard in the 205/55/16 size will give a softer ride then the performance (V or higher rated) rubber included with the sport package. Naturally, the softer the ride, the poorer the handling - so you'll have to decide on the tradeoff.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Korth

"stuart" wrote

Define "best." Best for what? Leasurely cruise down they hwy, track, zooming through the twisties?

Yes. Better handling and worse comfort. A lot depends on a specific tire model as well, as other poster mentioned.

Aha. So, how do you feel about that? :)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to