Where to next after my M3?

Hi,

I've owned my M3 since new, 2004, and love it to pieces, it's just a fantastic car. However recently I've been thinking it's slightly dated and all the new models look much better inside and out.

But what do I change it for? I can't afford an M5 or 6, I like the 650i Sport but it's the top end of what I'd pay and the performance isn't as good as my M3.

I know the new E90 M3 is due in the UK at the end of next year but I don't know if I can wait that long, would be nice to own one of the first though...

Cheers

Daz

Reply to
Daz

dave

Two year old car 'dated'? How do you think a replacement will look when the new model comes out?

FWIW stop messing about and buy an M5, even if it isn't brand new.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Pre-order your E90 M3 as soon as you can and excercise some restraint. Whatever car you buy (excluding old classics), there will always be a better newer model of something tempting within a year or two.

Reply to
AGH!

Had the same debate myself a few weeks back but with the added complication of wanting to consolidate my existing vehicles into one, so it needs to be

4x4 and able to tow a coupld of tonnes, it needs to be a practical family car, be able to carry big wet dog and be fun to drive.

The only things that got close were an Audi RS4 or RS6 but I know they won't be as much fun as the M3.

How many seats? Does it need a boot?

Porsche 996 Carrera S? Fezza 360? AMG Merc or SL55? TVR? Noble?

In the end I've come to the conclusion I need a pactical load lugger/dog car, a comfortable family car for everyday use and a fun car for recreation. So

Reply to
TonyK

You don't deserve what you've got.

"slightly dated". Sheesh.

Reply to
dizzy

Heh - classic troll post. "New models"? Last I checked, the new 3 coupe & M3 aren't on sale yet. Muppet.

Reply to
Class-1

Get a 911 like I did after my M3. You'll never look back

Reply to
Harry

Ummmm, I hate to state the obvious, but you just did...

Reply to
Fred W

Not at all obvious, then the OP said the most he can pay is

650i-level, which isn't enough for a 911, I don't believe.
Reply to
dizzy

No, I meant you just did "look back"...

Get it? ;-)