1990 525i with 243,000 miles
- Auto-transmission died/fried/dead
- I mentioned louder than normal noise from engine and mechanic said the
manifold gaskets are blown and there might be a hairline crack in the block
but the engine runs fine
- interior headliner starting to come down in back
- the paint both bumpers chipping and wearing off
- 1.5 inches play in steering wheel - possible front end work?
I love the car's look and feel!
I found a used tranny with 70,000 miles for $300 + shipping, labor would be
I started looking at used cars - Lexus, BMW, Honda,... and, even for used
cars, you loose $3500 - $5000 as soon you drive it off the lot. This makes
me think....I could spend $3500 - $5000 and have the 525i back in good
Is this just false hope is this realistic thinking and evaluation?
Thanks for any feedback!