1980 eldorado distributor

Need to know how to set timing / problem now is, put on new cap and rotor car starts fine but backfires thur carb when you step on gas. Have been told this is timing!!!

help

Reply to
Lockpics

"Lockpics" wrote: > Need to know how to set timing / problem now is, put on new > cap and rotor > car starts fine but backfires thur carb when you step on gas. > Have been > told this is timing!!! > > help

Hi Lockpics!

Your problem with the backfiring actually sounds like a couple of spark plug wires switched. I?ve had this before where my car would start but would hesitate and backfire because of a couple of wires misplaced. Check your wiring diagram (or on your manifold) and try again. Good luck... Catillac!

Reply to
Catillac