90 Cadillac Seville

I have a 90 Cad Seville w/approximately 139,000 miles. I live in California and travel the freeway a total of 40 miles roundtip each day from home to work. My car has started backfiring and stalling out on me when I am stuck in traffic that isn't really moving. If I sit for approx.

30 minutes it will start up and I won't have any problems. This has happened numerous times and until a few days ago they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They found a code yesterday (E31, MAP circuit sensor fault) and replaced the manifold sensor. However, I'm told it's trial and error and they may need to replace my computer. Has anyone experiened this problem before? It's very frustrating especially when your call backfires and then stalls out of on the freeway. It still feels like it's missing when I drive it. Help. Thanks.
Reply to
sylvia

"sylvia" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I had something very similar happen when I had a Park Avenue. They'd replace the MAP sensor, ignition coils, and other things. Finally they ordered a new wiring harness for the engine and that fixed the problem for about three weeks and it started doing it again. They never would replace the computer. I cured my problem by getting rid of the Buick and getting a Deville.

Reply to
SpaceButler

GM issued a recall on the

ECU in 90 to 93 4.9L engines, the gov said it put out too much co2, Cadillac said the computer just increases the gas at idle with the air on..... Try turning the AC off, for a bit?

Reply to
Steven Moore