1993 Buick Skylark stalls when hot

I was just given the above mentioned skylark from my father in law It's got the 3.3l in it and the body is in excellent shape. It also has approx 85000 miles or 136000kms There were 2 problems when I got it.

1) when it rained you ended up with a bathtub in the footwells.. I fixed that at the firewall seam 2) when it's hot and you let off the gas it runs really rough and stalls. You stop, put it in park and it starts up right away but quite rough, then as soon as you put it in gear it stalls

After about 20 minute to half an hour it will run fine again A mechanic I know but not very well says it could be the module attached to the coil pack. Does that sound possible or if not are there any suggestions

Thanks Eric

Reply to
Eric

Shep

that sounds like it could be possible. the coil pack gets hot and shorts out. the other i was told because i have a 92 and it is idling rough is the throttle positioning sensor or map sensor. hope this helps you. sencerly yours nitemare 75

Reply to
nitemare75

Check in order: Bad coil. Bad coils. Bad ign. module. Bad crank sensor.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Hello Shep, I don't think the 3.3 has an egr. At least mine doesn't. Paul.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Hi all,

Reply to