? about 97' cadillac seville

I turned the key and nothing. Got good cables, battery, charge... so I though it was the starter. The darn starter is under the intake
manifold! I wanted to make sure it was the starter before I went and pulled the manifold to get to it. After further examination I noticed a click when the key was turned. It's not coming from the starter soleniod, it's coming from the relay. Could the relay be bad? how do I know it's the relay and not the starter, so I don't have to pull the manifold? Is the relay supposed to click like that? Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
jcrazy1 Wrote:

Yes, it's supposed to click as it enegizes the starter, but there are several relays that turn things off as demanded when the motor is cranked...make sure it actually is the starter relay you hear...and if not try replacing it or swapping it with one of the same part number near it, and see what happens...also I think your positive cable is probably like mine, heads over to a remote jumpstart terminal and ignition feed block before heading out to the starter, it's common for the connection at that block to get weak, and they won't have enough amperage available through that connection to do any more than energize the relay, the stater won't crank....check that location if you didn't already...
--
jeffcoslacker
* Wrote:

Actually it says 97 INCH Seville.
--
jeffcoslacker
Jeff', that is feet" that is inches.

-

Always better to check before exposing yourself.
jeffcoslacker wrote:

I thought it was a 97 minute Seville.
You're right...without my glasses I thought it was one of these " not '....
My bad. Need a bigger monitor.
--
jeffcoslacker
Jeff your the best, most guys would have been unreasonably argumentative over getting their b's busted on a non issue.

-