C3 Diagnostic Lead - '87 Fleetwood w/5.0 Liter

I put a new block in the car and it runs great. Except it can't accelerate. I think I need to rebuild the carb but in the mean time I need to verify that I have the timing set correctly. The engine lable says 20deg @ 1100rpm, but with the "C3 Diagnostic Lead" disconnected. It does not, however, tell me where to find this. Can anybody out there help?

Thanks!

Dave

Reply to
ThatDaveGuy

Alot of times when the engine is replaced you can have a clogged up catalytic converter. if this is the case you have slow to no acceleration, no power. check the cat. With a new engine dropped in I doubt it is a timing issue. check temp before and after cat. Take a shop rag...have someone in the vehicle snap the throttle if that rag doesn't whip back towards you have a clogged or collapsed cat. If you use a temp gun and see very hot before the cat and very cool after that is the issue.....mac1833

Reply to
mac1833

I put a new block in the car and it runs great. Except it can' accelerate.

verify that

1100rpm, but wit

however, tell me where t

I have the same problem I can't find the "C3 Diagnosti

Lead" have you found it

Jarl

Reply to
Jarle