1988 IROC Z28 Ignition Problem

Hey gang, I have a problem with a recently purchased 1988 5.7L IROC Z28 which was running but now refuses to start after a tune-up. I replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor and went to start it up but now it just won't turn over. It tries to start but I can't seem to get it going so I've systematically tried to trace down what I may have done to cause this problem. I've checked the wiring for the correct firing order, pulled the plugs to make certain they were gapped right and fuel was present, replaced the starter thinking that was bad, replaced the ignition coil, had the ignition module checked at the local parts store to make sure it was working properly, checked the wiring to the starter motor to make sure I had continuity, charged the battery overnight, and checked the distributor to make sure that I had a good spark. All of this and I have the same problem-the engine cranks repeatedly but will not turn over. Occasionally it will back fire but that's the closest it comes to starting. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look at next? Man is this ever frustrating! Any advice is appreciated, M.L.

Reply to
Michael & Denise