69 Power Steering Hose Connector Problem

As most people know, the high pressure connection on this type of pump is female. For some reason, all the OEM type replacement hoses have a female connector also. At Napa, they offer a universal hose also but it has a union at the female connector. They didn't have it in stock so I couldn't see what the union looked like nor could the counter guy find a connector that would work. I have no idea what the nomenclature is for the union in order for me to try to find one. Does anyone know any way to find out what this union/connector would be called or know any way to find one? I even checked with a Chevy dealer but they were no help. Thanks in advance if you can help.

I can email pics and text to describe these items if needed...

Reply to
JW

You have the wrong hose. Try somewhere else. It shouldn't be hard to get the right one.

Reply to
JimV

It's the right hose and I found the adaptor today from Edelmann... 3/8" INVERTED FLARE TO S.A.E. FLARE ADAPTER Thanks all.

Reply to
JW