adjusting the rockers on an ’89 2.8

I hear that these may be non-adjustable and they just get torqued down??? They look like a typical small block adjustment....The studs were tight when I removed them until they got to about 6 turns out, then they were real easy..is this a clue that they are the non-adjustable type? If they only get torqued, can they be torqued if the lifter is in any phase of a lift? I don?t want to roll teh engine or I will lose my distributor position.

Reply to
HotRod53

They are adjustable, we have short cutted in the past and cut the gaskets to put them in. Just cut where it doesn't matter. If needed... the only way to adjust them is to turn the engine over. If you need to know what order to adjust them in I could look it up and post it just ask. It's been a little while since we have done one of the V6's.

Reply to
69CamaroSS
Reply to
HotRod53

Your right the later ones were torque down. Our 89 Z24 had torque down style. We put a crane cam and high comp. pistons and a 3.1 crank in it for fun and it did run good...

Reply to
69CamaroSS