clutch still is messed up!

I originaly posted this and got a responce... (see below....)

I replaced the master and the clutch felt the same and my dad whos an ex racer suggested that maybe its a self bleeding system... so i have him pump the clutch in and out and air bubbles come to the surface of the clutch fluid canister thing.... and after about 30-40 pumps the clutch is hard again... im celebrating and i hop into my car and press the clutch in and yes! its hard! i turn the key and the engine wont start

so i look down and the clutch cant quite hit the sensor, so i tape a block onto it (just so i can start it) and i press it in and the car starts.... i go to try to test the clutch by putting it in first gear, and it wont go in, like im not even pressing the clutch in at all!!! help?

From: ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe - view profile Date: Fri, Jun 30 2006 7:19 pm Email: "ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe"

Groups: alt.autos.camaro Not yet rated Rating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I have a 1995 Z28 and the other day my clutch pedal went totaly limp and the clutch wouldnt disengauge. I pulled over and checked the fluid and it was fine... so I just drove home matching the revs like my clutch pedal broke off or something... I replaced the slave cylander and it didnt fix anything, so i popped the hood and had my friend press the clutch and i noticed instead of the clutch fluid level dropping, it rose! i think i have a bad master, what do you guys think?

Reply =BB

From: JimV - view profile Date: Sat, Jul 1 2006 4:02 am Email: JimV Groups: alt.autos.camaro Not yet rated Rating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Pr> I have a 1995 Z28 and the other day my clutch pedal went totaly limp

and the clutch wouldnt disengauge. I pulled over and checked the fluid > and it was fine... so I just drove home matching the revs like my > clutch pedal broke off or something... I replaced the slave cylander > and it didnt fix anything, so i popped the hood and had my friend press > the clutch and i noticed instead of the clutch fluid level dropping, it > rose! i think i have a bad master, what do you guys think?

I agree, bad M/C.

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

Yep it sounds like the master. The switch is an easy fix but nice to have.

86 IROC 305 4BBL
Reply to
Redsled

Are you the same one that just posted about the car not starting? If so, this might have something to do with it...

NOI

Reply to
noi