first gen manual to power steering

I have recently acquired a PS box from a 68 full-size. I plan on purchasing new pitman/idler arm and also replacing all steering linkages as well as all necessary PS equipment. I have a few questions though:

How do I properly align the splines on the box to coupler/pitman arm so everything is correct?

Does the box require any lubrication other than the PS fluid?

I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about pre 69 columns since mine squeaks every time I turn the wheel.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Susan Sterling

There is one "fat" spline in both the pitman arm and the shaft, so the arm will only go on one way.

The PS fluid is the only lubricant required.

Someone else may have a suggestion for your third question.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT