Question on Tires ...

Hello, I purchased a 69 camaro SS and have been doing some work on it. I am currently in the market for tires now & wanted to get something that would look good in the rear. ( Nice stance, not too big ) .... I currently have 205 / 70 14's all the way around. I planned on keeping the 205/70

14's in the front, but want to go a little wider in the back .... without getting silly. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. ( I currently have & am keeping the ss rally style rim in size 14. ) Thanks guys.
Reply to
bla bla bla

You aren't going to be getting anything extreme with 6" or 7" wide wheels. The best you'll probably get out of them is something like

225/65/R14 a small improvement but not terribly noticeable. I will eventually be going to a 16" or 17" wheel on my 68' to get as much rubber as possible on all 4 corners.

Call up the people that you usually deal with in the tire department and ask what size tires will fit on your present wheels. Or find the info online at a site like tirerack.com, though I'm not sure they have the breakdown either.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to