Lemans heater interchange

Anyone know if a nona/c heater box from a 71 Camaro will fit my 72 Lemans? I dont have a heat box in my car, and looking for one now.

Wm I know its all A body and F body, but do they swap?

Reply to
William

Pretty unlikely. Find someone who has a Hollander "What fits What" book. Most junkyards have them.

Reply to
FBR

Year One has repros for $45.

heater housing

heater core
...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Someone, I think it was RSCamaro, said something prolific. The following is not an example of that::

Comparing pictures between Nova, Chevelle, GTO/Lemans, Apollos, Monte Carlos, and Camaros, it looks like GM made one housing to blanket fit the aforementioned vehicles. Now I could be wrong, most likely am, but pulled a housing and blower motor for $25 from a 71 Camaro.

Hollander or someone needs to do an online data-base of their exchanges. None was found in a brief search...

Wm

Reply to
William

Hollander charges hundreds of dollars for their interchange manual, so I don't see them helping in the free internet realm. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Good luck with the part. Hollander wouldn't be making money on an online (everybody can use it) parts interchange site. I have a couple of interchange books but it was too late to go out into the garage and search last night. If I remember, I'll look tonight after work.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

no it wont

try a Chevelle , lemans, cutlass, skylark etc

Reply to
I'm Right

THe information that I found pretty much states that most A-bodied G.M. cars of that generation had the same chassis and for sure had the same heater core for both a/c and non a/c cars. The list below are the cars that can be used for donation purposes.

68-72 Chevelle 68-72 LeMans 68-72 Cutlass 68-72 Skylark 69-72 Grans Prix 70-72 Monte Carlo 71-72 GMC Sprint

Check out some of the resto houses for what you need.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

The a/c and non a/c parts are different.

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Someone, I think it was Geoff Welsh, said something prolific. The following is not an example of that::

Hence the word someone. If I know how to set it up I'd do it myself. All I have is spare time on my hands...

Wm

Reply to
William