01 Silverado Heater won't turn off

I have a 01 Silverado with a little overv 100000 miles on it. Very occassionally, say every few months, I get hot air coming from the vents and cannot get it to turn off. If I turn the A/C on, it still blows hot. If I turn the truck off, usually for 15-30 minutes, it will return to normal. The temperature gauge indicates normal temp range when this is going on. Even with everything in OFF position I get HOT air. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
Mark

Pete

So, how hard is that to fix? (Mine is doing the same thing)

-Rick

Reply to
dont.bother

I have a 00 Silverado that had the same problem. It did the same thing until it quit altogether. There is a small electric motor that controls the heat damper. It is in the center of of the truck behind the plastic cover under the dash. It is easy to change and I think I paid about $40 Cdn for it. Good Luck.

Reply to
news