04 Colorado clutch problem

Hey all. I've got a question about a problem that I noticed last night with my new truck.

I was out and about, and I noticed that the friction point of my clutch changed, and to get it to idle I had to push the clutch all the way to the floor. It was catching all the way in.

So, today, I get in it and drive it about a quarter mile, and now pushing it to the floor won't even do it. It is hesitant to even go into gear.

Now, here's my question: Does this sound like a simple loosening of the linkage/cable? If so, is it a simple tightening of a nut/bolt? I'd like to get it fixed tonight or tomorrow, as it is inconvienient to wait until Monday to get it into the local dealership for warranty maintenence.

Thanks in advance! Adam D. Vanover Knoxville, TN

Reply to
Adam Vanover

These trucks wont have a linkage/cable system. Clutches have been hydraulic on most cars and light trucks for years now. You probably have some sort of leak in the clutch hydraulic system. I'd suggest that you check the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder. You would probably find that sort of info in your "owners manual"/. You did read it from cover to cover when you purchased your vehicle didn't you?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Umm. k. So, I put some fluid in the resiorvior (and also topped off the brake fluid tank,) and pumped the clutch a little. It seems to have helped a little bit. But, even my optimistic self can't make myself believe that it would solve it.

Riddle me this: There is a "bubble" on the bottom of the filler cap. Should it be firm (I.E. Like a "bubble paper" bubble,) or should it "give" a little? The bubble-type thing is not air tight, and it seems to be totally, umm,.. flacid.

I was sorta thinking that it might be a cost-cutting measure to "3rd generation" engineer a pressurizing system for it.

Ever seen anything like this?

Thanks Adam D.

Reply to
Adam Vanover

Read my response in the alt.autos.4x4.....group.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai