0420 code

96 Silverado, 305, man trans, 133k miles

Ok, I replaced both O2 sensors in on the left side. I did not replace the after cat one. I cleared the codes and the 0420 code came back. This code is supposed to be cat efficiency. I cleared it again yesterday and it has not come back.....yet. Why did I get this code after replacing the sensors? Is the after cat sensor getting ready to go? Should I replace it anyhow?

Thanx Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

the 'cat efficiency' code relates to O2 seen in the exhaust AFTER the CC

I'd replace that one too, if you already did the other two

Reply to
TranSurgeon