ST220 P0152

Hi,

Getting annoying now, over the last month done cam sensor, crank sensor, throttle cable and have reversing light switch to do plus suspected vacuum leak.

Today it's logged P0152 (bank 2 O2 sensor 1 high voltage). First O2 sensors on both banks seem to fluctuate normally. Short fuel trims hover around zero, long term are on +5% on both banks (was 10% a few weeks back). Fuel economy is about 25% down.

Do I take it to a garage to look for vacuum leaks (don't want to mess around with spraying flammable substances into the engine bay!) or has anyone got a better idea? Not sure if the code can be down to a vacuum leak, would guess it'd be a low voltage if anything.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

+5% on the LTFT on both banks would be fine, just. 10% would be on the verge of looking for unmetered air, or a MAF going out of spec...

How old are the O2's ?

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim

On 01/07/14 19:29, Tim +5% on the LTFT on both banks would be fine, just. 10% would be on the

I presume the MAF and O2 sensors are original so 10 years or so.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

I would want to see the o2s graphed for switching performance and see how far they swing, especially with some propane waved into the intake.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim

On 03/07/14 18:29, Tim

Unfortunately I don't have the software to graph the readings but they do both swing from 0.9V but can't tell you how fast they swing. I did notice that if I rev it a bit both get stuck on lean readings for a few seconds then return to swinging and get stuck on rich when letting it return to idle. I guess that's normal.

It's had an LPG conversion so has propane in the intake quite a lot but I know that's not what you meant ;) Hmm, I guess I try waving an unlit gas torch around a bit but seems a bit dangerous! I presume that's to find vac leaks and the revs would increase if I found one?

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

What sort of LPG system does it have, and are the o2 sensors emmulated?

What does it do solely on petrol?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:33:05 +0100, "Tim" What sort of LPG system does it have, and are the o2 sensors emmulated?

It has a BRC Sequent system, not sure if it's emulated. I check of the installer manual shows that there's a connection for pre-cat sensor in and out so it could be. Not sure how you're supposed to wire that up if, like me, you have 2 pre-cat sensors ;)

I'll try it on petrol, after resetting the ECU the code came straight back again on the next drive so should be easy to tell if it's behaving differently on LPG.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

The saga continues... the code comes straight back on petrol so I took it to Ford (3-4 week wait) but they won't diagnose it as anything specific and blame the LPG. Grr.

Thinking about it if it wasn't the sensor and was some kind of vacuum leak that both me and Ford failed to find (or anything else mixture related) then wouldn't I also be seeing the code for the bank 1 sensor as well as bank 2?

I'm tempted to just plump for the new bank 2 sensor unless anyone has a better idea?

Thanks as always,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings