1967 Chevy C40 motor id by casting #?

Hello all, Would anyone here have the ability to ID a motor (cu") for this truck via the casting #? I have contacted a couple machine shops and dealerships around but the machine shops say their books arent going back far enough and the dealers are pretty much useless. Both machine shops said they could of course ID it if I pull the crank and give them a connecting rod, piston, and the crank, but I am trying to decide on rebuilding before I tear it apart. I dont have the number infront of me but I can post it if anyone thinks they could ID it.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
M&S

I suggest you post the number!

Reply to
brianorion

The number stamped in the front of the block adjacent to the right cylinder head would be more useful than the casting number for the block. Also the casting number off both heads.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning