1982 S-15 clutch.

Can one remove the crossmember and lower the rear of the motor to replace the clutch plate? chas. . ..

Reply to
footboarder

Must be possible for someone. I had a Chevette about that age. The clutch plate frazzled about four hours after I bought the car. Left me stranded, and that was miserable. Called my Dad, who was nice enough to bring a rope, and pull me back to the repair garage. This is before cell phones existed. Had to walk, and find a coin phone. I don't remember what the repair cost, but it was in dollars from an earlier year, and that was expensive. My part time job paid for it, but it was a lot of hours of pay. Living at home, so I had less expenses.

Irony: Your "spamfighter" program is inserting not one, but TWO spam messages under your text.

. Christ> Can one remove the crossmember and lower the rear of the motor to replace

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2WD is easy. Pull the drive shaft. Remove the shifter (2 piece are easy, just lift the boot and use a wrench to unlock the jam nut and unscrew the upper lever, 1 piece you need to pull the shifter housing) Disconnect the clutch cable and set it out of the way. Disconnect the reverse lamp switch. Drop the cross member. Remove the bell housing bolts and pull the trans. R&R the clutch and reverse the process. 4X4 is a bit harder as you need to disconnect the T-Case lever and the front drive shaft and the assembly is MUCH heavier.
Reply to
Steve W.