1984 Jimmy 6.2 ltr deisel ?

A question for any of you deisel owners out there,

I have an 84 Jimmy with the 6.2 deisel and recently as I started it to warm up, my oil pressure suddenly went to zero. I emmediatly shut it off but then after checking the oil level, ( good,) the pressure switch, (good) Ive determined that it is indeed a problem somewhere in my engine and am getting no oil pressure at all. Yesterday I pulled the pan and the pump and found everything to look normal, the drive rod is complete and not twisted or broken and the pickup filter/tube is clean. the pump itself is in ok condition. Any Ideas Where I need to check next? What drives the oil pump? Is it attached to the fuel pump drive? It still starts and runs. I dont have the detailed repair manual or schematics of this engine.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis