1992 S-10 Blazer stalling

Hey folks,

My brother has a problem with his 1992 S-10 Blazer. 4.3 Z, 4X4, 5-Speed

If he just jumps in it, and drives down the road, it will either stall or run like crap. He can shut it down and restart, and all will be fine.

If he starts it and warms it up a couple minutes, even in warm weather, it will give no problems.

He recently changed the fuel filter, a new distributor last year, the engine has over 100,000 miles, and runs like a top most of the time. He also recently told me he had a code 42 as well.

My thinking it is something in open loop, but what? I can't find a vacuum leak either.

Thanks for any help in advance,

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Code 42 is telling you the EST bypass circuit or EST circuit is grounded or open. Malfunctioning HEI module can cause this code.

That's taken from my Hayne's manual.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Mike Levy

I had posted over there first, but got no answer, I think Doc took a vacation, he deserves it. Always good with his help to all.

The last post I found from him is on that group on the 5th,

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV