1993 GMC K1500 Intermitent Wipers

Yes I have the dreaded intermitent wiper problem with my truck. I bought it new and as long as the sun is shining they work great but as soon as it starts to sprinkle they wont do anything. I am looking for the part number and retail store that sells the improved replacement circuit board part. Auto-Zone, NAPA or somewhere. I have seen it posted here but the post expired and I didnt write the information down. DUH! I have had enough but I dont want to repair what I have or pay dealer price for a part thay may already be bad. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to
jbrainey

I had the same issue with my 96 Z71 a year or two after buying it new. I replaced the bad circuit board with a new GM board and never had another problem. It only takes a few minutes to change it yourself. I don't recall the GM part being that expensive if you go that route. I'm sure any major autoparts store will carry it for a few bucks less. Hope this helps.

Napa part # RAY 49700PB Autozone part # 88136

Reply to
chris&kathy

Reply to
Sigwings

Discount parts stores like AutoZone have it in the "Helps" section.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi, This problem you're having I had many years ago (around 94) with my 91/C1500. You might take the suggestion about the soldering iron. I didn't even take the unit off the truck. I think there are three screws the hold the cover on and all you need to do is touch the iron to the connections. Most likely the problem is where the connector from the passenger sides connects to the board. You might even see the problem known as cold solder joint where they look dull when they should be clean and shiny. It might be worth the try!

Reply to
wardog